Sunday, August 28, 2011

Did I Fail?

When I set out on this journey to encourage others to find a sense of self, and possibly learn a bit about myself as well, I never though it would be less than one year before it fell to the bottom of my priority list.  Why do blogs fail?

I spent some quality time with Google today trying to find out why.  I stumbled upon an article on World of Psychology that dicussed it.

My blog failed for a few simple reasons.

1.  I simply put more time and effort into updating my personal Facebook and Twitter.  The amount of hours I spent on an ordinary evening refreshing those feeds could have been spent on updating my blog.  Upon reflection, my priorities are definitely a little off.

2.  Life.  Simply put, my brain and my body just needed a break.  I have been growing personally and hitting very important milestones.  Has this taken away much of my free time lately, yes.  Do I regret not devoting more time to my sweet little blog adventure, not until today.

So what can I do?  This evening, I am plan to update my blog with the articles that I have been saving.  I plan on catching up, and digging further into the latest of mental health happenings.  I must motivate myself to do this.  Why?  Because it is just me in this world before all else.  It isn't just about the blog, the social networks, the job, hobbies, or anything else.  It is about the self and its purpose.  Is this blog then my purpose?  I don't really know, but perhaps for now it can lead me there and help some others along the way.  Or at least that is the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment