But, more than just the health benefit, the ability to control and recognize your being is something most of us strive for each day. Some through diet, role playing, or even the ever present self fulfilling prophecy.
I am pasting the steps for compassion meditation below. Not for you to master, but just to try. Some of the steps sound a bit silly, but look beyond the actual task and really just focus in on your purpose--to connect and become aware.
How to do a Compassion Meditation
- Sit in your usual comfortable position form meditation.
- Begin allowing your mind to clear, your breathing to slow and your body to relax and slow.
- Using something or someone as the focus point in your meditation (this is usually the target of your compassion). Begin to see it as an image on your mind's eye.
- Next see yourself sitting in meditation where you are, now begin to picture your breath entering your body through your heart chakra, which is at your heart.
- Then on the out breath see your exhale through your crown chakra, which is the top of your head. When you exhale you are exhaling love and compassion.
- Next picture the exhaled love and compassion making its way to your target (person etc.). Watch as your compassion falls on the target and surrounds it with love and positive energy.
- Do this technique of breathing in and out and focusing on the target for as long as you sit in this meditation, allow the same procedure with your breathe/energy to continue.