Monday, January 2, 2012

My Self and My Nails

The holidays really took me away from it all.  At the beginning of December I found out I was promoted to a higher position at my job and then poof it was Christmas.  I have totally lost track of time and so here I am, a month and a half behind on my dear blog.

It's ok though.  I am about to paint my nails an awesome shade of OPI "Ski Teal We Drop".  It is the perfect dark teal, a jewel-tone shade if you will.  In May I was married in Paris with the perfect shade of Chanel red "Lotus Rouge", it was my something new.  This spurred on a new way of life, colors on my nails that make me feel amazing. All Fall I experimented with various shades of nail color, each making me feel different.  There was the Essie "Little Brown Dress", perfect for feeling like you are a warm winter log on the fire, cozy and traditional.  Essie "Turquoise and Caicos", for those days when you want to feel cool and relaxed.  OPI "Designer...de Better" for that glamorous outfit with the perfect amount of sparkle to make you feel like a million bucks.

Whatever the shade, it changed like my mood.  Often times after a long day at work or a hormonal week in general, I found myself clinging to my nail color.  Like an amazing cup of tea, it was comforting and permanent enough to bring me joy long after it was on.

I am not saying that everyone needs to paint their nails to feel better, but rather become aware of the little things in life that can please you.  A small bottle of polish that polishes my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment