Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rise.

The last time I really noticed the sunrise was last Monday on my way to work.  The vibrant colors and the birth of  new day. 

I am in the process if growing my garden for the spring and summer. 
I have planted zinnia and daisies thus far to add some variety to my beautiful purple violets that bloom all year long.

Flowers are a sure way to cheer me up, and knowing that I control their well being throughout the year as they sit on my porch and sunbathe in my window, I am suddenly aware of the fact that I am directly controlling my happiness.

How many people actually make an effort to be happy?  I must say that it is exhausting at times to make a choice to not be negative.  And really, sometimes embracing that negativity is the recipe for happiness later on.  But how can you rise to the occasion and consciously do something to give rise to your own growth and happiness?

The point is, do what you can to make yourself happy, or at least take a moment to tend to that hobby that has been sitting in the closet for a while.  Think outside of the box and renew your love for books, cooking, the outdoors, art, anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment